Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thess. 5:16-18

Saturday, September 11, 2010

random update

Yesterday I had my last dose dense treatment. In two weeks I start the first of twelve weekly Taxol treatments which will put me having a bilateral masectomy the week after Christmas. So many changes in so short a time. And yet I am grateful on this 9th Anniversary of 9/11. How can I not be? I've been given time to absorb the changes. The many women and men that died on that day were not given any time. It was just change for their families...sudden and irrevocable. My oncologist thinks my tumor has shrunk significantly and he is very pleased. I am having a chest ct on Sept. 22 to see if the spots on my lungs are still there (we want them to be!) so we'll be able to truly stage my cancer. I am grateful for every minute God gives me with my family, every minute my kids get to know me a little more and I am forever grateful for the prayers surrounding us and the encouragement from my Christian family and my friends who love me. This journey would be much bumpier without all of the support!

On a lighter note, between Summer Raby working out with me and the bald guy on a bike inspiring me, I am moving more. I walked a mile (pushing a stroller) one day, and I even made it four minutes on my elliptical machine Thursday! I also am hoping to be able to walk the 5K in the Liz Hurley Ribbon run on October 16. Woo hoo! AND, I met a woman yesterday who is on her 5th Taxol treatment and she still has eyebrows AND eyelashes!! There is hope yet, ha! Just remember people, God is good ALL the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment