Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thess. 5:16-18

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This one's for Shelby.

Day 28 of radiation and my armpit is on fire! Oh, and deodorant is definitely underrated along with being able to shave under your arms. I could never live in France...


I started this blog so I would have a written account of my journey with cancer, but life got in the way and I put it off. Now I'm revisiting the idea of an online journal with just 8 radiation treatments to go. And I am doing this for you, Shelby (nice shout out, huh?)! I must say the best part of all of this has been the increase in my faith that God is GOOD. I have grown tremendously throughout all of the treatments, fatigue, and family drama. I've seen Jesus in the many people He has placed in my life, at just the right time, with just the right words and actions. But today, I am tired and in pain, and now I'm waiting on a phone call to let me know if the machine is working so I can have my treatment. Good times! BIG sigh... Waiting is the name of the game, right? Wait, wait, wait, and wait some more. I keep hearing the verse in my head: Be strong and take courage and wait for the Lord. I hear it over and over and over... Oh well, enough of THAT! It's time for some Udder Cream and maybe even a shower. Woo hoo! And just think, in a couple of weeks...wait for it...DEODORANT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment